Perform the squat with a neutral stance.
Benefits: The neutral stance squat is one of the best variations to target the anterior muscles of the lower leg. Other variations of the stance, other than narrow, will remove the work required. The wider the stance goes, the more the body receives structural support.
Variation: Neutral stance squat
- Ankle Dorsiflexion (max rom 20°)
- Ankle Plantarflexion (max rom 55°)
- Hip Extension (max rom 30°)
- Hip Flexion (max rom 100°)
- Knee Extension (max rom 0°)
- Knee Flexion (max rom 150°)